The year 2018 marks a major milestone for Youth Enrichment Services (YES): 50 years of service. I am honored to be at the helm of the organization as we take this opportunity to celebrate our impact and success.
Since the organization’s founding in 1968 by Richard Williams, YES’s mission has been to inspire and challenge youth with physical and mental activities that foster life-long respect for self, others, and the environment.
By engaging youth in challenging, active outdoor experiences embedded with leadership development programming, YES continues to develop the next generation of leaders who are prepared to achieve, lead and excel in college, career, and life. We hope to celebrate YES’s 50th Anniversary with our valued supporters, donors, and volunteers and re-engage our friends from the past.
We want to share our success with everyone who shares our special belief system and vision that:
• Challenging and supporting youth through outdoor sports and activities instills important values in young people;
• Sharing the love and enjoyment of the outdoors inspires young people to build healthy habits for life;
• Leading by example and the power of positive role models has no limit.
With that said, I hope you will join me at various events we will be hosting throughout the year. Mark your calendars for two exciting upcoming YES events:
• Sunday, March 11: Mass Snow Challenge – We will be holding an Apres-Ski Reception after the event this year!
• Thursday, April 5: 8th Annual Black Diamond Gala – This is YES’s biggest fundraiser of the year!
Visit YES’s website (www.yeskids.org) and social media channels for regular updates on events throughout the year. I look forward to keeping you informed and seeing many of you, both old and new friends, at these events. 2018 will be a year to remember!
Cheers to 50 years,
Bryan Van Dorpe
YES Executive Director
P.S. I hope you will join our $50 for 50 Years anniversary fundraising campaign and give a special donation in honor of this momentous occasion: www.yeskids.org/donate