Youth Enrichment Services (YES) is a unique and well-established youth development organization that introduces Boston kids and teens to the great outdoors through skiing, snowboarding, biking, hiking, rock climbing, track and field, surfing and other sports. Our Operation SnowSports and Outdoor Adventure programs instill positive values, help kids develop a healthy lifestyle, and teach teamwork. YES also runs the YES Academy which provides year-round opportunities for youth to learn the critical skills needed to be successful in college, work, and life. YES has been providing youth development, leadership, and enrichment programs for the past 46 years and has served over 100,000 Boston kids!
YES inspires and challenges youth with physical and mental activities that foster life-long respect for self, others, and the environment.
Formula for Success
YES accomplishes its mission through a three tier YES Formula for Success approach.
A large number of diverse urban youth have access to an affordable and in-depth program that challenges them through outdoor sports and experiential education. They find a safe space to engage in a continuum of positive activities and quality experiences that foster character development and physical fitness. Youth build strong relationships with positive role models and take advantage of apprenticeship opportunities that build their technical and leadership skills. Youth Enrichment Services enjoys a recognizable presence in the community that attracts a large group of committed volunteers as well as community support and involvement.
YES Core Values
We believe in:
- Challenging and supporting youth through outdoor sports and experiential education;
- Sharing the love and enjoyment of the outdoors;
- Fostering stewardship of the natural environment;
- Sustaining a diverse organization and promoting diversity in the community;
- The power of positive adult role models
- Accessibility, affordability, and safety
- Relationships built on honesty, trust, and respect
- Volunteerism and our volunteers who are positive role