Embracing academics and community service
The Richard Williams Memorial Scholarship is an annual award presented to graduating high school seniors or GED recipients. The scholarship rewards students that demonstrate leadership skills and academic promise as well as aspire to higher education and community service. The vision is to recognize students who want to challenge and inspire, as YES founder Richard Williams did.
- Enrolled in a public or private high school.
- Participation in Youth Enrichment Services programming.
- Excellence in community service and willingness to serve.
- Evidence of academic effort.
- Spirit of caring, belief in self and others.
- Has specific financial need.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete an application for the Richard Williams Memorial Scholarship.
- Include a 500 word personal essay telling the Scholarship Committee something unique, special, or important about the person you are and your commitment to community service.
- Two letters of recommendation from school counselor, principal or teacher on official letterhead.
- An official high school transcript.
- Verification of College Prep one-on-ones.
- A resume, which includes honors, awards, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment.
Applications for the 2022 scholarship will be close on April 1, 2022 at 5pm. To apply, please email [email protected]
Current scholarship applicants, click here to access YES’s Dollars for Scholars page.