Registration for Summer 2017 GOAL is now closed. Applications for the 2017 – 2018 GOAL school-year session will be available by August 2017. If you would like to be contacted when applications open, please fill out a contact form at the bottom.
For any additional questions, please contact Youth Leadership Manager, Nakennia President, at [email protected].
Serving girls ages 11 to 14
Girls Outdoor Adventure Leaders (GOAL) is a year-round program that provides pre-teen and teen girls (ages 11-14) with opportunities to develop leadership skills, explore individual sports (such as rock climbing, biking, skiing, and snowboarding), improve self-esteem, set and achieve goals, and challenge gender stereotypes. The GOAL program meets once a week during the school year and five times per week during the summer session for workshops and outdoor adventure activities. The school year is divided into monthly themes supported by guest speakers, workshops and discussions, including:
· Identity, Vision, Goal Setting
· Coping with Stress, Time Management, Balancing Responsibilities
· Fitness and Nutrition
· Self-Esteem and Body Image
· Healthy Relationships and Dating
· Healthy Lifestyles
· Family Time
· Peer Pressure, Substance Abuse, Violence
· Accepting Differences, Tolerance, Diversity
· Caring for the World Around Us, Community Service, Environmentalism
I am interested in enrolling my child in Girls Outdoor Adventure Leaders for the 2017 – 2018 school year. Please contact me when applications are open: