The Young Professionals Committee at Youth Enrichment Services (YES) is a young professionals group dedicated to empowering urban youth in Boston through outdoor and enrichment programming. Members consist of motivated individuals in their 20s, 30s, and 40s who are willing to fundraise, promote, and raise awareness for YES’s mission.
The committee provides young professionals in Boston the opportunity to network, volunteer, socialize, and give back. The Young Professionals Committee currently holds 4-6 after-work social or virtual fundraisers and participates in two sports-based peer-to-peer fundraising events.
If you are interested in joining the Young Professionals Committee read the requirements below and apply at the link below. Contact Meghan Burgess, Development Coordinator, at [email protected] with any questions.
Member Role Description and Expectations
- Financially support YES with a minimum donation of $500 annually. This will be achieved by “giving or getting” donations throughout the year. Examples of “giving” are: making a personal donation to YES, buying tickets to YES events, and/or making personal inkind donations to YES. Examples of “getting” are: securing a matching gift from your employer, influencing others to make a donation to YES, influencing others to purchase event tickets, and/or securing inkind donations from an others to YES.
- Attend at least 75% of committee-planned events.
- Attend at least 75% of committee planning meetings.
- Participate and fundraise in at least one Team YES event. Currently includes the Shamrock Splash (March) and Boston Waterfront 5K (June). This requirement can also be met by recruiting someone from your network to participate and fundraise. If you are not able to participate in either event, you are encouraged to donate and support the team.
- Increase event attendance by inviting individuals in your personal network.
- Post at least twice on your personal social media channels (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, work channels, etc.) to promote committee planned events and tag YES.
- Support event planning and coordination as needed.
- Secure raffle and auction items for events as needed.
- Attend and support special events hosted by the committee.
- Generate attendance among your personal and professional network for special events.
- Build awareness and connections for YES in your personal and professional communities.
- Brainstorm event ideas with the group that are innovative, feasible and can attract a broad group of attendees.
- Help plan and execute special events hosted by the committee.
- Assist with in-kind donation solicitation. i.e. raffle and auction items for events.
- Communicate and promote YES’s mission and programs to your personal networks.
- Opportunity to be a part of a group of like-minded people and to network with young professionals from Boston at committee planned events.
- Chance to participate in one-time volunteer opportunities at YES, including volunteering with YES teens during Networking Nights and Mock Interviews and supporting YES events (Annual Black Diamond Gala, Martin Richard Memorial Mile, and more).
- Option to also volunteer in YES’s seasonal sports-based programs, including Track & Field and Operation SnowSports.
- Ability to grow as a professional and as a leader.