The Young Professionals Committee at Youth Enrichment Services (YES) is a young professionals group dedicated to empowering urban youth in Boston through outdoor and enrichment programming. Members consist of motivated individuals in their 20s, 30s, and 40s who are willing to fundraise, promote, and raise awareness for YES’s mission.
The committee provides young professionals in Boston the opportunity to network, volunteer, socialize, and give back. The Young Professionals Committee currently holds four (4) after-work social fundraisers and three (3) sports-based peer-to- peer fundraising events.
If you are interested in joining the Young Professionals Committee read the requirements below and apply at the link below. Contact Meghan Burgess, Development Coordinator, at [email protected] with any questions.
Member Role Description and Expectations
- Financially support YES with a minimum donation of $250 annually. This will be achieved by “giving or getting” donations throughout the year. Examples of “giving” are: making a personal donation to YES, buying tickets to YES events, and/or making personal inkind donations to YES. Examples of “getting” are: securing a matching gift from your employer, influencing others to make a donation to YES, influencing others to purchase event tickets, and/or securing inkind donations from an others to YES.
- Participate and fundraise in at least one Team YES event. Currently includes the Shamrock Splash (March), Waterfront 5K (June), and Tour de South Shore (September). This requirement can also be met by recruiting someone from your network to participate and fundraise.
- Support event planning and coordination as needed.
- Secure raffle and auction items for events as needed.
- Attend and support special events hosted by the committee.
- Generate attendance among your personal and professional network for special events.
- Build awareness and connections for YES in your personal and professional communities.
- Brainstorm event ideas with the group that are innovative, feasible and can attract a broad group of attendees.
- Help plan and execute special events hosted by the committee.
- Assist with in-kind donation solicitation. i.e. raffle and auction items for events.
- Communicate and promote YES’s mission and programs to your personal networks.
- Help develop new fundraising ideas and opportunities in partnership with YES staff.