The Leadership Corps (LC) program at Youth Enrichment Services (YES) is a program offering teens the opportunity to develop their leadership potential as they participate in and coach outdoor activities. Leadership Corps programs are offered during the school-year: Leadership Corps: Operation SnowSports (October-March); Leadership Corps: Outdoor Adventure (April-June). For summer opportunities to stay involved please check out our teen employment page.
School Year Leadership Corps
The Leadership Corps (LC) at Youth Enrichment Services (YES) is a program offering Boston teens (ages 14-18) the opportunity to develop their leadership potential as they participate in and coach outdoor activities. Teens develop their leadership and career readiness skills through participating in workshops and trainings and put those skills into practice through volunteering with YES’ ski & snowboard rental shop and supporting snowsports trips.
14-18 years old, enrolled in grades 9-12
Preference for Boston residents (especially living in Mattapan, Roxbury, and Dorchester) or previous YES program participants/returning LCs
October 11 – 13 (teen and parent/guardian must attend)
October 18, 2022 – March 30, 2023
Tuesdays – Thursdays, 4-7 pm (teens choose one night per week)
- Rental Shop – All LCs volunteer in the rental shop on their chosen workshop/shop night once a week
- LCs will choose at least one of these 3 tracks:
- Downhill Ski or Snowboard Confidence Coach – teach others how to ski/ride
- Cross Country Ski Confidence Coach – teach others how to cross-country ski
- Impact Intern – document SnowSports trips through photos, videos, interviews, surveys, and help create content for YES social media pages
- Youth Advisory Council (YAC) – LCs can apply to be part of the YAC, which plans appreciation events throughout the year, makes recommendations on programming, and ensures that youth voices are incorporated in all aspects of YES operations.
- Job readiness and leadership development workshops
- Snow Sports training: downhill skiing, downhill snowboarding, or cross-country skiing (teens who are new to snow sports are welcome!)
- FREE seasonal ski/snowboard equipment rentals
- Juniors and Seniors are enrolled in the College Prep program: one-on-one advising, group meetings throughout the year, seniors eligible to apply for YES’ Richard Williams Memorial Scholarship
- One-on-one advising and goal setting with YES staff throughout the year
- LCs earn volunteer hours for working in the ski/snowboard rental shop and supporting SnowSports trips
- Invitations to fun events throughout the school-year!
YES is able to offer Leadership Corps as a free-of-cost program thanks to financial support from generous individual donors, foundations, corporations, and in-kind supporters.
Contact YES Academy staff at [email protected] with any questions.
Would you like to refer a teen to our program? Submit a referral here.